This course explores the links between sleep hygiene and overall wellbeing and discusses methods for improving the quality and quantity of sleep that can be achieved. The wide ranging content includes common sleep themes such as benefits, requirements and causes of sleep deprivation as well as more advanced elements including circadian rhythm, electromagnetic frequency and heart rate variability.
You are the subject of the case study within the course. You are a police officer at a local station whose incoming inspector is unhappy with the performance levels and workplace culture of the team. You manage to find yourself in a position where you have to influence the personal lifestyles of colleagues using advanced mentoring strategies to drive sustained workplace performance improvements.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe common causes of sleep deprivation
- Explain benefits of sleep, the sleep cycle and how to get more deep sleep
- Give an example of how to use heart rate variability as a behaviour change tool
- Use support networks within organisations and personal networks to make lifestyle changes
- Incorporate Habit Loop principles to make behaviour changes stick
- Evaluate the benefits of morning and evening rituals to help promote sleep, recovery and wellbeing